Link to Community Service
Oppurtunities and Documents
Service Learning is a process whereby students learn and develop through active participation in organized service experiences that actually meet community and school needs.
1. Students volunteer their time to school, community and local organizations.
2. Students will receive a letter if they are eligible to complete their service program.
3. Students may only earn 1/4 credits per academic year. Students will receive a maximum of 1 credit accumulated over 4 years.
4. Students may turn in hours they have accumulated beginning the 2nd week of June before their freshman year.
1. Students will keep record of hours spent volunteering and turn those into the Service Learning office(located in the Main office). Hours should be turned in on a monthly basis.
2. Students must complete 85 hours of service. Those hours must be a variety of community hours and school hours.
3. Students will re required to write a 200 word essay on their volunteer time and their experiences. Students may e-mail their essay in a word document to firstname.lastname@example.org, or hand it into the office.
4. Students will follow the rules and regulations of the job site and their supervising personnel.
5. Deadlines for service hours for the 2014-2015 school year are:
National Honor Society: Seniors - 25 hours due by March 3, 2015. Hours must be accumulated from April of their Junior year through their senior year.
Graduating seniors: May 7, 2015
All other students: May 14, 2015
6. Students will only be given credit for days that they are present and are actively working. All forms must have a signature for every service you have completed.
7. Students will receive credit if all necessary forms are turned in by the completion deadline.
If you are interested in learning more, please stop by the main office/or attendance office and pick up a Service Learning Program requirement sheet, and log form to keep track of your hours.
If you have any questions please stop by the Main office and see Mrs. Tricia Knoch.