Hartville Elementary PTO Minutes
Meeting Place: Teacher’s Lounge
(Meeting minutes taken by Jenny Anderson)
The meeting was called to order at 3:38 p.m.
Attendees: Michelle Fedor, Jessica Swartz, Jenny Anderson, Krista Trent, Brian Collins, Holly Collins, Lee Knepp, Monica Westhoven, Angel Harbaugh
« Secretary: WE NEED ONE!
- No corrections or additions to the minutes
- Accepted as read
« Treasurer’s Report: Jessica Swartz
- Ending Balance as of 2/28/13: $24,210.65
- Zap-A-Snack Fundraiser – approximately $3,000 went to Mrs. Harbaugh
« Corresponding Secretary: Lisa Finefrock
- Send baby books to Mrs. McClary’s new baby girl
- $25 to Grega family
- $25 to Triplett family
- Sent Mrs. Wegner a card after surgery
« Birthday Memorial: Mandi Stephenson
- Wrapping up in April
- ½ birthdays were sent out last fall
- Any extra birthday memorial money will be used to buy a gift certificate at Wise Owl or Creative Curriculum for Mrs. Beachy
« Book Fair: Michelle Fedor & Krista Trent
- We sold almost $8,000 in books this year! Over $10,000 when we include the books in the buy 2, get 1 free deal
- When you combine the fall and spring book fairs, we received approximately $6,500 in free books for our school!
- Class teachers received $100 in free books, Title teachers received $50 in free books, and $1,800 worth of books went to Mrs. Beachy!
« Carnival: Jenny Anderson, Michelle Fedor, Melissa Anderson, Jessica Swartz, Jennifer Marshall
- Wednesday, March 13th at 1:00 p.m. – Head Room Parents are gathering in the auditorium to assemble the blind auction baskets
- We’ve pre-sold 1,810 game tickets as of today
- 35 donations for cake walk as of today – drop off at Door 4 on the 3/15/13
« Fundraising: Melissa Anderson
- We received $292 from our McDonald’s fundraiser night - another one is being set up for fall 2013
- We plan to do Read, Move & Groove again this fall
- 3 leftover Kidstuff books will be raffled off at the carnival
- Zap A Snack fundraiser will be in on Tuesday 3/12 - We need parent volunteers to help distribute. Pick up is in the cafeteria beginning at 1:30
« Hospitality: Karla Radar
- Teacher appreciation luncheon will be in May
« Nominating: Peg Abhel
- Updated nominating forms will go home after Spring Break
« Popcorn: Michelle Fedor
- On 3/1 we popped 300 bags of popcorn – profited $148
- April 5th will be the last popcorn day
- May 3 will be a PTO sponsored Slushy Day for Right to Read Week! No cost to students/staff
« Publicity: Mary Pastore
- Kaeden Green won 2nd place overall in the Arts for Stark Art Show!
- Carnival is coming up on Friday, March 15th
« Rebates: Billy Jo Muckley & Kelly McNamara
- Hartville Elementary collected $1,100 in ACME receipts!
- Over 10,000 BoxTops and Campbell’s labels were mailed in at the end of February!
« Scholarship: Mandi Stephenson
- H.E. PTO will give two $1,000 scholarships this year
- Applications are due 3/18
- Interviews will take place soon after the deadline
« Schwan’s: Krista Trent
- Next sale is 3/19 - Pre-orders are due 3/15
- Last sale we only made $80.56 and we split that with Lake Elementary
- Catalogs are expensive so we will only send them home once every two months
« Yearbook: Jenny Miller & Michelle Fedor
- Please remind parents about ordering yearbooks
- Our yearbook order needs to be submitted before spring break!
« Celebration of Learning: Jenny Anderson
- 5/22 is Hartville’s Celebration of Learning
- Same as last year – inflatables, dunk tank, cotton candy, sno cones, popcorn and face painting
- Lunch may be a little different this year
- We will ask parents to participate in the dunk tank as well as teachers
« Teacher Reps:
- Mr. Knepp: Thank you for the 3rd grade send-off shirts!
- Mrs. Collins: We love desserts on Wednesdays! Thank you for conference dinners! Thank you for book from Scholastic book fair!
- Mr. Collins: Ask teachers more if you need help with things! Suggested asking teachers to give PTO the names of 3 good parent volunteers to contact about helping with PTO. Thanks!
- Mrs. Westhoven: Thank you for everything!
« New Business:
- Michelle and Mrs. Harbaugh had a meeting about moving forward with a new playground
- We explained the “Blind Auction” which will replace the silent auction at the carnival - Hopefully we will increase bids this way
- Next Board Meeting is Monday, March 18th at 6:30 p.m.
« Principal, Angel Harbaugh:
- Thanks for everything! Hoping the carnival is a big success!
Next Meeting: April 3rd at 3:30 p.m.
Meeting concluded at 4:25 p.m.