(A) Designation of school bus stops.
It shall be the responsibility of the Superintendent or designee to determine the location of all school bus stops which shall be approved annually by the districts Board of Education.
Authority to relocate or designate subsequent school bus stops may be delegated by the Board of Education to the Superintendent or designee.
(B) School bus stop location.
(1) Pupils in grades kindergarten through eight may be required to walk up to one-half mile to a designated bus stop.
(2) School bus stops shall provide for the maximum safety of pupils giving consideration to distance from residence, traffic volume, physical characteristics, visibility and weather conditions.
(3) School bus stops shall be established on the residence side of all four-lane highways and on the residence side of other roadways posting potential hazards to students as determined by school bus owners.
(4) School bus stops shall be located at a distance from a crest of a hill or curve to allow motorists traveling at the posted speed to stop within the sight distance. If the line of sight is less than 500 feet in either direction, an approved "school bus stop ahead" sign shall be installed at least 500 feet in advance of the school bus stop.
(5) Each pupil shall be "assigned and required" to use a specific school bus stop except in unusual circumstances as approved by the school bus owner or designee.
(6) Each pupil shall be assigned a residence side designated "place of safety" Driver must account for each pupil in each designated place of safety before leaving. Pupils "are not to proceed to their residence" until the school bus has departed.
(7) Each bus shall have a detailed route sheet on board which shall include:
(a) Direction to designated stops.
(b) Time schedule.
(c) Designated stop.
(d) Driver designated place of safety.
(e) Number of people at stop location and residence side.
(f) List identifying road hazards .
(8) When applicable each route shall have a responsible student assigned to assist a substitute bus driver with the route.